Saturday, April 3, 2010


phone rang, screen said caller ID blocked,
but for some reason i decided to answer it.
on the other end was a french accent.
he told me we needed to rap quick,
cause he had did some bad shit,
and would be gone for years, spending these last two days,
with his momma and his kids
when he spoke I wasn't trying to hear it ,cause
I knew he was a real good person,
and this didn't seem like it was in his spirit.
he couldnt believe as much as i couldnt, what he done .
he said now its time for him to turn himself in.
no longer could he run, from life, from God.
I start thinkin, why is doing right is so hard.
I thought back to when we was in London discussin the new testament
and how our lives related to it, and how we could make the best of it.
my voice became desperate, so I asked him why you gotta go.
he said you know turn to Matthew 24
he said no one knows the hour, nor do they know the day,
but the kingdom is near, don't let anything lead you astray.
as long as God is with me, everything will be okay.
so right about then,we decided to pray. "Common"

No comments:

Post a Comment